TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information about the Prize and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition and acceptance of or participation in any part of the Prize is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Jamaica Blue Pty Ltd (ACN 059 236 529) of Unit 215F1, Building 215, The Entertainment Quarter, 122 Lang Road, Moore Park NSW 2021 | PO Box 303 Double Bay NSW 1360 (Website: jamaicablue.com.au).
- Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years and over as at the commencement date of the Competition. Directors, officers and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and of agencies associated with the Competition are ineligible to enter.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must during the Competition Period:
- visit instagram.com/jamaicablue;
- find the original competition post for this competition; and
- comment and tell us about a time when the entrant went above and beyond or over the top for one of their friends or a family member (that is, a time when the entrant has done something #Extra).
- The Competition starts at00am (AEST) on Thursday 10 October 2019 and ends at 5.00pm (AEST) on Tuesday 15 October 2019 (Competition Period). No entries outside of the Competition Period will be accepted. The time of entry is the time that an entry is received by the Promoter.
- Multiple entries are not permitted and there will be only one winner. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be individually judged based on creativity. The best entry as determined by the Promoter will win the Prize.
- Judging will take place at the Promoter’s office in Sydney at Building 215, Level 1, the Entertainment Quarter, 122 Lang Road, Moore Park NSW 2021 on Wednesday 16 October 2019. The judges may select additional reserve entries, which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order in case of an invalid entry, ineligible entrant or the winner not claiming the prize by the specified time.
- The winner of the Competition will be notified via a public comment on the competition post on the Jamaica Blue Instagram by 5.00pm (AEST) on Thursday 17 October 2019. Such notification will request the winner to claim the Prize by sending Jamaica Blue a direct message via Instagram Direct Message by 5.00pm (AEST) on Monday 21 October 2019. If the winner does not claim the Prize by such time, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and the next runner up will be contacted at 2.00pm (AEST) on Tuesday 22 October 2019. The runner up will be notified via a comment on the competition post on the Jamaica Blue Instagram page by 5.00pm (AEST) on Wednesday 23 October 2019. Such notification will request the runner up winner to claim the Prize by sending Jamaica Blue a direct message via Instagram Direct Message by 5.00pm (AEST) on Friday 25 October 2019. If the alternate winner does not claim the Prize by such time the Prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter decision in connection with all aspects of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will receive the following which has an estimated value of AUD$1,620.00 (Prize):
- Free coffee for one (1) year from any Jamaica Blue store in Australia, limited to one (1) small hot beverage per day for one (1) year from the day after the winner is notified (estimated value of AUD$1,420.00). The free coffee will be linked to the winner’s Caribbean Crew Loyalty Card. The winner must swipe their Loyalty Card at Jamaica Blue cafes to redeem their free coffee. The winner acknowledges that if they are not already a registered Caribbean Crew loyalty member that they will need to become a registered Caribbean Crew loyalty member in order to redeem the free coffee; and
- One (1) x AU$200 gift voucher from Fortunate One. The gift voucher will be valid until 10 October 2020The gift voucher can only be applied to a single transaction.
- The Prize or any part of it cannot be transferred to a different person, exchanged for other goods and/or services or redeemed for cash. If the Prize or any part of it is unavailable, the Promoter in their discretion reserve the right to substitute the Prize or any part of it with goods and/or services of equal value.
- The winner consents to the Promoter using the winner’s name, suburb of residence, State of residence, likeness, image and/or voice in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter retaining their personal information and to being contacted by the Promoter in relation to future promotions. If after receiving the first email from the Promoter the entrants wish to opt out of receiving further information, they may do so.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter the Promoter reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to disqualify any entrant or modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by the law), the Promoter and any agencies associated with the Competition (including their respective directors, officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or relating to:
a. the Competition;
b. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction;
c. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
d. any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected;
e. any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
f. the delay, postponement or cancellation of any activity;
g. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
h. the Prize or any part of the Prize, including, providing, delivering, accepting, taking, participating in or using the Prize or any part of the Prize.
- Any costs associated with entering the Competition are the responsibility of the entrant.