Which Alternative Milk is Best for You?
4 plant-based milks walk into a bar… which one is going home with you?
Our Jamaica Blue cafes are proud to source our high quality alternative milks from MILKLAB, but we know choosing non-dairy milk can be more confusing than a chameleon in a Skittles bag ?, so read on and experiment with a brand new milk (and taste) with your coffee next time you’re in store!
- One of the most popular milk alternatives due to its light flavour and creaminess, that’s high in protein and low in fat.
- Almond milk has a high dose of vitamin E, an antioxidant that combats inflammation and stress. It also helps protect against heart disease and cancer, and improves bone, eye, and brain health.
- It also has a lot of the mineral zinc, which keeps your skin glowing and prevents hair loss.
- Tastes great in anything with peanut butter, caramel, fig, apple, milk chocolate.
- If you are looking for a sweeter and creamier plant based milk coconut is your best option!
- Coconut is one of the best dietary sources of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), miracle fats that help you achieve a healthy weight by increasing metabolism, regulating appetite hormones, and increasing fat oxidation.
- It’s amazing in hot chocolate (tastes like a Bounty) and pairs well with anything chocolate, breakfast bowls, oats, chia. Anything where you are looking for a ‘hint of tropical’ without being too much!
- A buttery richness with natural sweetness and creaminess
- Packed with rich, delicious mono-unsaturated fat, the same type as olive oil and heart-healthy omega-7 only found in cold water fish and sea buckthorn blackberries.
- Tastes great with menu items that contain raisins, white chocolate, raspberries
- Contains as much protein as cows milk, very little fat and is a good source of vitamin A, potassium and the elusive vitamin B-12 (hard to find outside of animal sources).
- Tastes great in a chai latte and anything with chai flavour undertones (cinnamon, cardamom. Cloves, ginger), banana, vanilla, maple syrup
So how about that? Add a little adventure to your day by trying a different milk alternative in your coffee next time you’re in store ☕
Imagine winning FREE COFFEE FOR LIFE?
Our biggest competition of the year is here! Over 100 winners across Australia will enjoy FREE coffee for life* ☕
HOW TO ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN:
If you’re a loyalty member:
- Scan your loyalty card + buy a coffee
- Check you are subscribed to receive our freebies, offers and marketing
If you’re not a loyalty member:
- Grab a loyalty card in store + scan it to record your coffee purchase
- Register to our free loyalty program
- Subscribe to receive our freebies, offers and marketing
Remember to scan your loyalty card every coffee purchase so it counts towards an entry. And that’s it! There are no limits to entries, so the more coffees you buy, the more entries you get in the competition e.g 3 coffees = 3 entries. Make sure you are registered and subscribed at the time of prize draw on 11 June 2021 to be an eligible entrant and so we can contact you if you win!
*Life means 20 years. More info and Full T&C’s - Click here .