How to cut a pineapple
The thought of cutting a pineapple can be daunting with its prickly skin and spiky crown. Learn how to slice & dice a pineapple with our simple step-by-step guide with the help from our friends, Pure Gold Pineapple.
What you’LL need:
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
Pineapples can be cut and prepared in a number of ways. We walk you through two of the easiest methods. Whichever way you decide to cut the tropical fruit, start by cutting off the crown and the base.
Cutting pineapple into wedges
- Stand the pineapple upright on your chopping board and cut lengthwise into quarters
- Remove the core. A pineapple’s core is quite hard and isn’t as sweet compared to the rest of the fruit, so we usually don’t want to consume it.
- Cut along the base of the quarters to remove the prickly skin
- Slice to form pineapple wedges then serve!
Cutting pineapple into SLICES
- Place the fruit upright on your chopping board and slice off the skin.
- Cut the pineapple into slices lengthwise to your desired size
- Remove the core if desired.
Have you seen the viral pineapple hack where the “berries” are plucking straight from the fruit?!
We tested this for ourselves to see if it works: Watch the full video here!
Here at Jamaica Blue, it’s currently all about the sweet tropical fruit with the launch of our limited edition Pineapple Menu!